The innovative chemical reactor technology is ideally suited for fluctuating renewable energy applications due to high load flexibility.
Modular chemical plants
The chemical reactors by INERATEC are perfectly suitable for the integration into containerized plants. The plants are modular and can therefore be applied to various energy-related sectors. Depending on the application, different reactor systems can be integrated and combined in the plant. Our reactors allow a dynamic and load-flexible operation. Short start-up and shut down times make enable the application in combination with renewable energy.
Production of syngas
Synthesis gas (syngas) is a highly energetic gas mixture, consisting of mainly hydrogen (H2) and carbon monoxide (CO). Two different reactor concepts are available for the production of syngas from methane-containing gases or carbon dioxide. Both concepts are operated safely on ambient pressure up to 30 bar.
CPOX reactor technology
- Efficient syngas production from methane due to steam-assisted catalytic partial oxidation (CPOX)
- Cost-effective operation using air as oxidant
- Inhibition of undesired homogenous gas phase reaction, even at high operating pressures
- Compact design with a monolithic catalyst system
RWGS reactor technology
- Efficient process integration by reverse water gas shift (RWGS) of CO2, H2 and recycle gas.
- Excellent heat integration for shift reaction
- Compact design
Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis / Methanol Synthesis
The core of INERATEC’s innovative synthesis reactors is microstructured. Consequently, a very large surface for heat and mass transport is provided, minimizing effects on reactor and catalyst performance. Highly exothermic reactions, such as Fischer-Tropsch synthesis or Methanol synthesis, are operated efficiently and safely in compact plants.
The reactors are characterized by
- Compact design due to the microstructure technology
- High syngas conversion per reactor pass and unique reactor productivity
- Excellent temperature control
- Short start-up and shut down times
- High load-flexibility
- Cost reduction for decentralized application
E-Products from INERATEC plants
Synthetic natural gas